Class of 2016 Students Reflect on their Years at Syracuse

null

From pulling consecutive all-nighters and weekends with friends, seniors have plenty to reminisce over. This week, I went around campus in search of some insight from SU’s graduating seniors about what they will miss the most and what they learned here. Here’s what they said:

Erin Miller: Advertising major

“Syracuse has an amazing student startup scene. I’m really going to miss all the entrepreneurial hubs on and off campus. It’s going to be crazy not being around people that are super stoked about an orange school 24/7, but we got to spread that orange pride somehow: by taking over the world.”

Tringa Ajeti: Theater Management major and CRS minor

“I transferred to Syracuse so unfortunately I’ve only been here for three years, but I completely mean it when I say that transferring to SU was the best decision I’ve ever made. I really owe it all to the amazing friends I’ve made throughout this whole college journey- especially the ones I’ve shared crazy (but great!) memories with. While there have been a few lows here and there (like the number of all nighters I pulled in hopes of passing my core classes…) I can leave Syracuse knowing that I’ve really had a great college experience and that if I could go back and do it all over again, there would be nothing I would change about it.”

Victoria Pineda: Marketing Management major

“Coming to Syracuse was the best decision I made. Towards the end of my freshman year I was so close to transferring, but the new friendships I made influenced me to stay in the end.”

Cori Rosen: Television, Radio, Film major/ Marketing minor

“I’ll definitely miss the people I met over the past four years at Syracuse. But I’ll miss the greek salad from King David’s more.”

Celeste Sanchez: Political Philosophy major, Management Studies minor

“I’ve learned so much about who I truly am. I’ve grown up, gone through highs and lows, and have made life-changing friends. These four years definitely fly by so don’t take any of your time here for granted. Keep up with your classes, but still make sure to maintain a good balance and have fun.”

Eunice Kim: Advertising and International Relations dual major

“My four years at Syracuse were made up of the highest and lowest moments of my life, which really pushed me to think about who I am and where my identity lies. I am grateful that God was faithful in providing loving and caring friends who walked alongside me to explore these questions. I can confidently say that if it wasn’t for my time at SU, I would have never become the person that I am today.”

Jane Hong: Broadcast Digital Journalism and Political Science minor

“It’s hard for me to imagine not physically being surrounded by people who are as passionate, vibrant, and eager to learn: people who have constantly challenged me to think and see differently. Syracuse has rooted itself in me. And while it’ll always be a part of me, it’s tough to think that I won’t always physically be here to be a part of the community.”

Michelle Yan: Photojournalism and Psychology dual major

“Looking at the people I met my freshmen year – from my roommate to my photo professors/classmates to friends from church to God – and seeing how much of a stranger we were to each other to seeing how intimately we know each other now, I feel like things really came full circle…. Like an orange.”

Kenzie Lau-Kee: PR and Marketing dual major

“I’m going to miss how close I live to all my friends and how it’s socially acceptable to go out four nights a week.”

Paola Suro: Broadcast Digital Journalism major, Marketing and Psychology minors

“I was always told to enjoy college because it would be the best four years of my life. And that it all comes and goes in the blink of an eye. I never really understood what that meant until this semester. Coming to Syracuse was the best decision I’ve ever made, because I’ve not only grown, but I also made friendships that will last a lifetime. Go Orange!”

Alexander Lai: Biology and Psychology dual major

“I can honestly say that being at Syracuse has changed me for the better. I’m leaving college a completely different person, and I couldn’t be more grateful for all the laughs, lessons, sleepless nights, snowy days, and friends I’ve made along the way. I really did find myself here, so thanks, Syracuse, for reminding me in moments where I felt like nothing, that just being here was already everything. It was perfect.”

Eric Chuang ’17, is a  Public Relations major at the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications with a minor in English & Textual Studies. Additionally, he is part of the Fashion & Beauty Communications Milestone Program. Eric is a California native, dog enthusiast, fervent traveler, and sushi connoisseur. When not taking Buzzfeed quizzes or coming up with clever Instagram captions, he can most likely be found jamming to Taylor Swift’s “1989” album. More blogs from Eric Chuang.